- This event has passed.
Changing Challenging Behaviors (2-Day Training)
July 1, 2021
This course presents a variety of ways to work with students who present with challenging behaviors. The emphasis is on teaching students appropriate behaviors to replace the challenging behaviors, and giving them the tools to maintain those behaviors in their educational environment.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Describe student behavior in an objective manner
• Complete and document a student baseline measurement
• Determine the sequence of events surrounding a student’s challenging behaviors by means of an antecedent, behavior and consequence chart
• Determine how the behavior is being maintained
• Determine the function of the behavior
• Define a potential student replacement behavior
• Design new antecedents and consequences
• Create an appropriate data collection system
• Implement a working behavior plan for a student with challenging behaviors
Space is limited to 30 participants.
Should you and/or your staff be interested in attending any of The TIM Academy trainings or would like a professional tour, please Register today here!