Have A Heart for Autism
The Timothy School relies on the generosity of donors, benefactors, families and friends to fulfill our mission of empowering students with autism, ages 5-22, to achieve their greatest potential in all aspects of their lives. Your support allows us to continue to provide the best possible programs and resources for our students.
The Timothy Fund
The Timothy Fund makes an immediate and vital impact on The Timothy School’s operating budget by helping us bridge the gap between the funding we receive from the school districts and the crucial resources needed to provide curriculum and program enhancements, special activities and improvements to our facilities.
- Athletic equipment such as rollerblades, helmets and pads for children to gain physical, mental and emotional confidence
- Community-based instruction to local grocery stores, restaurants and other businesses to help students generalize skills learned in the classroom and engage in similar outings/activities within their own families and communities
- School vans to transport our students to community-based instruction and internship locations
- Crafting materials for our on-campus internship program so students learn real-life skills by designing, making and selling products such as t-shirts, wreaths and bookmarks.
The Timothy Tech Fund
The Timothy Tech Fund ensures that every student has the technological tools they need to succeed including:
- Assistive Technology, such as iPads to help non-verbal students open up their world and learn to communicate with their teachers, family and friends
- General Technology, such as SMART Boards, Chrome books and instructional iPads to increase students’ abilities to engage with and access learning opportunities
Other Ways to Support The Timothy School:
A matching gift occurs when participating companies match (sometimes up to double or triple) the amount of dollars given to The Timothy School by their employees and spouses, or retirees. The company matches the gift only after the donor has sent his or her gift to The Timothy School along with the companies’ matching gift form. These forms can be obtained from the personnel offices of most companies. Certain companies will also match capital campaign and endowment gifts. Check with your personnel office to find out what kind of gifts they match.
A donor-advised fund (DAF) is a centralized charitable account. It allows charitably-inclined individuals, families and businesses to make tax-deductible charitable donations of cash, publicly-traded stock and in some case, certain illiquid assets, to a qualified 501(c)(3) charity.
To use your donor-advised fund to make a gift to The Timothy School you should communicate with your fund administrator to generate the gift and to understand any quarterly or end of year distribution restrictions/deadlines they may have.
If you own stock, there are tax advantages to contributing stock rather than cash. A gift of appreciated stock offers two tax saving advantages. First, you avoid paying any capital gains tax on the increase in value of the stock. Second, you receive an income tax deduction for the full fair market value of the stock at the time of the gift. Please contact your financial advisor about giving the gift of stock to The Timothy School.
Planned giving through The Timothy School Legacy Society is a way to leave a lasting legacy of support for the school. There are many vehicles to make a planned gift, a bequest in a will, a beneficiary of a personal trust, an individual retirement account or life insurance policy, and/or other tax-driven vehicles all of which provide their own opportunities and advantages for you and The Timothy School.
Thank you for supporting The Timothy School and being a champion for autistic students and their families.
Remember that when you make a gift to The Timothy School 94¢ of every dollar goes into action immediately to support the educational, vocational, emotional, and social needs of our students with autism.