Our program emphasizes individual and small group instruction for students between the ages of 5-11. Our instructional program focuses on: functional academics, communication, fine/gross motor skills, social skills development, self-help skills, community and safety skills, positive behavior support, and overall learning readiness.
The Timothy School Difference:
- Environmentally engineered and individualized classrooms assign 4-5 students per room with an average of 2:1 student:staff ratio
- Use of structured teaching methods designed to make information meaningful and expectations clear
- Use of personalized daily schedules, work systems, and visual cues to promote independence
- Instruction of new concepts and skills that is incremental and predictable due to an organized environment
- Collaboration between teachers and therapists to differentiate and individualize instruction
- Community-based instruction and enrichment activities promote generalization of concepts and skills